Are you depressed?
If you experience at least five of these symptoms nearly every day you might be suffering from Major Depressive Disorder (MDD):
- Depressed mood
- Disinterest in activities
- Unplanned weight loss/gain
- Extreme fatigue
- Excessive or inappropriate guilt
- Psychomotor agitation (difficulty being still)
- Loss of focus
- Oversleeping/low sleep quality
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
Depression is a complex disease and some people are more susceptible than others. If you suffer from depression, one of these factors may be the reason:
- Genetic (you have a close relative with depression)
- Biochemical (chemicals in your brain may be out of balance)
- Hormonal (child birth, menopause, etc.)
- Seasonal (loss of daylight)
- Situational (traumatic experiences)
The most common treatments for depression up until now are anti-depressant medications, talk therapy, and exercise. We will change this.
Medications can cause side effects that are worse than the depression itself. Our treatment program is designed to avoid medication while still treating the physical and behavioral elements of the disease.
Welcome to a revolutionary way of treating depression
Safe, affordable, private
Based on the latest research, we develop a scalable, medication-free, treatment solution that helps individuals address both the physical and behavioural elements of depression at their own pace, in the comfort of their home. It is safer than antidepressants and more affordable than talk therapy, but with comparable efficiency. Flow consists of:
- An easy-to-use medical grade headset for brain stimulation.
- An smartphone app to help you change your daily routines and break the negative behavioural patterns that comes with depression.
100+ scientific studies have shown brain stimulation to be a safe and effective way to counter the brain activity imbalance found in people suffering from major depressive disorder (MDD).