How does Flow work?
What happens inside my head?
- The technology used is called Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS). For most people tDCS feels like a slight tickle.
- The Flow headset delivers (very) gentle electrical signals to the brain. It activates brain cells in an area in the front of the brain – more specifically, on the left side of your brain.
- You’ll receive 18 stimulation sessions over the first 6 weeks to reduce symptoms. Each session is 30 minutes.
- After 6 weeks, you will continue with follow-up care focused on relapse prevention.
The Flow Therapy app
- There are many things you can do at home to reduce symptoms of depression. To maximize your chances of recovering, Flow combines brain stimulation with behaviour therapy.
- The treatment programme is brought to you by licensed psychologists and developed according to recent research on depression. It includes well-used techniques for changing habits that maintain depression, and building new ones that help you recover.
- You go through the sessions wherever and whenever you want. A virtual therapist helps you schedule sessions and also reminds you about them.
- The brain stimulation technique used in the Flow headset gives less severe and fewer side effects than medication, but offers similar results.
- 24% of people completely overcome depression using only the technique in the headset.
- 41% of people discover that at least half of their symptoms disappear after 6 weeks.
Sounds too good to be true?
What about safety?
- A Swedish design with maximum safety in mind.
- The treatment is CE certified. This means that Flow is approved for medical use and compliant with the strict European laws for medical devices.
- The CE certification ensures that: 1) Flow is based on scientific evidence, 2) the treatment reduces depressive symptoms and 3) the headset is safe to use.
- Please note that your skin can get slightly irritated under the electrodes. This is harmless and will subside 30-60 minutes after use.
30 day trial. Money-back guarantee.